03 April, 2008

I met my uncle

Feeling: Shocked
Film: 恶作剧2吻第16集
Song: 你一直都在



Alvin Tay decided not be my friend anymore!
We are no longer friends. No longer.
Nope, we didn't quarrelled.
He just decided not to befriend me;
But be my uncle instead!!!
Haha, that sounds wrong.
But yeah, he's officially my UNCLE.
Confused? Haha. Im as confused too.


Okie, here's the story. Alvin is one of my best cliques in the university. We knew one another cause our surenames are both tay, and we were allocated to the same lab bench with another bunch of cute crazy people 2 years ago. From then onwards, we basically do everything together in school - from eating to taking same modules to having talkcocksingsong sessions. Yup, we became close friends. Once, he even commented about how sad he is that his Ah Gong decided to settle down in Lim Chu Kang instead of the east, if not he will be richer. "Damn!", I told him, and told him my grandparents settled in Lim Chu Kang too. Nothing crossed my mind at that moment of time.

Then on monday this week, Al told me in school that his uncle (father's brother) passed away on Sunday due to a heart attack while driving the lorry at Bukit Batok. His uncle's funeral was at Bukit Panjang. I commented that life is so vulnerable, and told him to take care. Then on AprilFooL the day before yesterday, I overheard my mum reminding the dad to go for a funeral at Bukit Panjang on the phone. Being curious, I asked who, and my mum told me it was a long distance relative who passed away due to a heart attack. I thought it couldn't be so lucky that they are referring to the same funeral. So I called up Alvin (who was about to eat his Mac) and asked the name of his dead uncle. And mum verified that the dead relative was really Alvin's uncle!!! Alvin's dead uncle is my granduncle! And hence, Alvin Tay is my uncle literally! *faint* Then I asked Alvin to list all his uncles' and aunties' names, and I was shocked that Mum knows each and everyone of them. They all lived beside one another many many years ago, in the same Kampung. And we are really relatives! haha.

Seriously, I took more then a hour to figure out the family tree. And now, from my understanding is that Alvin's grandfather and my great grandfather are real blood related brothers. So Alvin's father and my grandfather are close related cousins. And thus, Alvin and my dad are long distance cousins. And this make Alvin my long distance uncle!!! *faint* Haha.

We were joking that luckily we are not gay couple, if not we can film Brokeback Mountain 2 already! Haha, or if he was a girl and we fall in love, then this will be crazy! Incest can! Haha.

And this is not a aprilfool joke. haha.

No comments: