16 August, 2007

Very Random Indeed



It's almost 6am in the morning and I couldn't sleep. Listening repeatedly to "Love Me" by Colin Raye; a song that makes my heart soothe whenever I'm feeling down/lost/can't sleep. Apparently, in this case, it's definitely the latter.

School officially starts on Tuesday. Had lessons from 8am-6pm with just a miserable two hours break in between. Modules taken so far are mylike except stats, which has been my most detestable subject since polytechnic, or even secondary school if A-maths or E-maths are counted. E montonous lecturer who has been teaching stats since 1997 doesn't make it any better. He's still using transparencies after donkey years. But oh yeah, I love my food-and-health lecturer. He talked as if he was drunk(!), and the notes were quite "digestable".

Talking about school, I have so many stuffs in mind. First to mention, I was happy to see many familiar faces around in campus. From those uni cliques I sat with, to those OG mates / lecture mates I happened to bump to and had small chats. Kris was supposed to be with me this year, but he decided to *jump to NTU which provides him with the direct honours. I doubt I would have the chance to do my honours in NUS, my results was far from ideal, and the 3 months summer vacation had already brainwashed away those metabollic pathways, DNA transcription and translation processes from my brawny brain. Nonetheless, I put in another extra 100% effort into this sem.

Starting with second year means I'm 1/3 through my uni life in NUS (even though I would have already get a degree back if I went to Australia a year ago). It seems so slow, but yet so fast. I intend to go for a summer exchange with GL after this academic year. Perhaps, another one to the english countries if I'm able to make it to the honours. And after graduate, I have my plans too (thou I somehow hate my capricon's nature of planning too ahead). Cause sometimes dreams could have been so different from reality. And I will end up so different from what I want in life. I really hope to do graduate studies in Canada or USA if I got a chance to, to expose to new things, and climb up the widen horizons. Coming back to reality, getting a MBA and do sales in life sciences will do fine for me though. Whatever! We will see in two years time. Randomness.

Pictures from Phuket as promised:


Some platonic loves.



Girls.


Sun, beach, coconuts!!!


Shawn Tay


The first dinner at Phuket, and the Kampung durians.


Cannoe Island, James Bond Island, Seafood Lunch.


Tour Guide's house and Simon's Carbaret.


The drunk scene.


Finally, the beach.

That's all folks.


No comments: