12 June, 2007

First Day of Intern

Today starts off pretty well. Did nothing much, but just having ppl demonstrating to me PCR, white blood cell extractions, etc. Hopefully, I could have a hand of them soon. And to conclude the day, Shawn Tay donated 50mL of blood for charity-experiment work purpose.

I don't really like the start of a new working environment though, especially that of a lab. One glance this morning, I could see everyone did their own stuffs, talks were minimum, experiments were repetitive. Somehow it remains me of my old lab at National Cancer Centre, which I have a love-hate relationship with. Or maybe to be frank, I can't stand boredom and the lab working environment. Seriously, I can't imagine myself holding a pipette, doing monotonous experiments till an old age. I think I will go crazy.

Boo. Science is fun to study, but hard to score, and even harder to excel. Lab work is fun to begin with, but hard to continue, and even harder to find something significant. Science, I lovehate it.

Hope to have a good week ahead... =)

No comments: