23 May, 2007

Updating of Shawn's Life

Human beings are the most complex animals in the entire class of mammalia. Primates with large brain, well developed auditory regions is what we defined ourselves as. I rated ourselves as forlorns though, sad living creatures who live by having fate playing tricks on us. Life is contradicting you see. When you got something, you want another. But when you got another, you want back that something again. Life is such a bitch.

I think I managed to get an internship at NUS. Will meet up the prof to confirm everything on monday. On an irony, I gave up a temp assignment paying me $6.50 per hour to be a free labour. Is everything worthwhile? I choose to go for the internship even though my mum told me to be practical. Hopefully I would gain some good knowledge there.



I bought a book. Like the Flowing River by Paulo Coelho, and here's how it reads: "Often you can see the mountain in the distance, beautiful, interesting, full of challenges. However when you try to reach it, what happens? It's surrounded by roads; forests lie between you and your objective; and what seems clear on the map is far more complicated in reality. So you must try all the paths and tracks until, one day, you find yourself before the peak you intend to climb.

And so, i continue to read...

No comments: