26 September, 2007

Growing Up

Feeling rather sluggish and lethargic today.
The study mood isn't there either.
And so I let my mind wander...

Out of no reason,
I remembered the scene at a 3 star hotel at KL,
Whereby I had my first trip with the poly peeps at 17.
Fiona, meihua and I shared the same room,
And there I was disturbing them with a "smelly pillow" early in the morning.
I somehow missed the laughter we once shared.

Then I drifted further up to T.Bintan,
Laying on the beach, gazing up into the sky.
Many shooting stars I saw,
With this girl I lost contact with.

Then I dreamt back to an evening 9 years ago,
Somewhere outside the school bus stop.
Jun, Gl and I was waiting for the bus home,
We were planning to choose the same class after streaming
(we weren't in the same class back then).
And we ended up being real friends for life.

Little moments like these are remembered for a life time,
Though each of us grew up selecting diff pathways in lives,
We once crossed while walking thru our pathways,
And it's fate that bought us together.

Growing up is never easy. You hold on to things that were.
You wonder what's to come. But that night, I think we knew
it was time to let go of what had been and look ahead to
what would be. Other days, now days, days to come.
The thing is, we didn't have to hate each other for getting
older. We just had to forgive ourselves for growing up.

As we grow older, things must change,
But they don't always have to end.
Even though it is different now,
My friends are still my dearest friends.


I don't wanna but i'm growing up.

No comments: