21 May, 2008

Im a changed man

Feeling: A summer that feels like winter
Current Read: "Like the Flowing River" by Paulo Coelho
Song: 1973 by James Blunt

1973 - James Blunt

"I AM A CHANGED MAN!"

Well that's probably the famous verse I've been procastinating and chanting in school everyday ever since two semesters ago. And in real fact, I didn't changed at all; as in I didn't study as hard as I wanted to, I didn't visit the library at all until the exam period, I probably didn't know what's going on for bioinformatics till the day I entered the examination hall (since I skipped 50% of the lectures and didn't bother to watch the webcasts). Nothing to be proud of, I know. Next sem will be better. Haha.

But I'm a changed man today in another context. I managed to sleep at 11 plus pm yesterday and wake up at 8 am today to catch the morning sun. Seriously, I almost forget the feeling of mornings since I have been sleeping at 6am every "morning" and waking up at 5pm every evening. Today marks the day I'll be a chao-slacker-no-more, and be a good kid wannabe. Haha. I plan to a dip in the pool, spent the day in the bookshop, and meet up a friend for high tea. I miss good food. =)

And I guess I will get a 3 months temp job soon since the scholarships' results are out, and I only managed to get two out of the three scholarships I applied for. I exceed the overall budget by 1K. I guess i can never get out of this "stay in Singapore for good" curse. But one thing I gonna mention is that Canada is a damn good place to further studies. I actually checked out their universities' tuitions fees and found out that they are way cheaper compared to UK, australia and the states, and there are more scholarships to apply for. Perhaps I could do my Master there if I manage to break the "stay in Singapore for good curse" and if they accept me. Close friends who know me well enough would have know how many umpteen times I try to get out of this little island, be it choosing the university for undergraduate studies to applying the semester and summer exchanges in NUS. There's always something holding me back at the end of the day. Just like choosing NUS back then was a decision from the folks and not by me. If I could care less for their feelings and be more determined, I might be in australia or New Zealand now considering those universities that had accepted me. I'm partially at fault too, since human beings love to live in comfort zone. Sigh. Really hope to venture the see the wider horizons one day.

Yeah one day, I will.

No comments: