11 February, 2009

Alex's Wedding

Current Mood: Clueless bout life
Current Song: Lovebug by Jonas Brothers
Current Read: Microbiology Practical 1

Some friends and I had a long talk with Prof Sim today, a kind lady with alot of lifelong experiences to share. As she quoted, "Just try your best! Eventually if you didn't get till where you want, you will still be somewhere close to there." Yup, a quote that is so real and motivating, but yet so dreamy and ironical. I remembered I used to tell my folks this same old quote, but the only reply I got back from them was, "Don't think too far. Just be a normal person, seek a normal job, get a normal pay, and lead a normal life..." *laughs* I don't blame them at all, cause I guess they are seeing things from another perspective of life.

True enough, in a place like Singapore, there's already too much challenges for a normal Singaporean to face. Singaporean kids have been bought up understanding the fact that "A good qualification equals to securing a good job of high pay, that permits one to live in luxury, buy a house, get a car and go to the ideal destination for holiday." I believe that the younger generation will fit well into this little cosmopolitan city. As for me, I just feel that I don't fit in so perfectly.

3 months from now, I will be graduating. But yet, I still can't figure out the path ahead of me. I thought I want to be a marine biologist, but then again, Research = no money, money = no research. And so, I came back to the starting point again.

On a happier note, Alex's wedding was over last last Saturday. A union of two hearts. How sweet. The food was quite good as compared with other hotels, and the "wine appreciation" session thereafter was crazy. Haha. Pictures:



Sweet.


The vow of a lifetime.


The Brothers and the poly cliques.


Another photo while waiting for the ceremony to begin.


The Wedding Dinner at Roxy Hotel.


Us, including Sam's pretty girlfriend.


We took up 1/4 of the card meant for all guests to write our wishing.



The girls.


The boys.


Girls from Table 20.


The guys from Table 20.


And lastly, as the couple was too busily entertaining other people.
We cam-whored in front of 24 other tables!!!
It started from Hua and BL, and then two boys followed.
Then it went click click click, click click click...
Until Jeffery came to us and said,
"Whao lau, you four add up together already100 years old still do this!!!"
-_-" then we went back to the table for... *ahem* wine appreciation.




Had fun.

No comments: